Haven’t been attending to all the little things that keep me walking on the happy side lately. So here goes:
1. I am ever so grateful for a few good girlfriends that make me laugh out loud! I can always count on one of them for my daily dose of laughter. Today I’m doing a big shout out to Nicole… Thanks for the belly laughs this morning! The trainer in the gym had NO IDEA what was going on (thankfully)!
2. I am beyond thankful each and every day from about mid-June through the end of August for the best eBay purchase I ever made — our $400, 15-foot-round, hard-walled pool purchased 8 years ago! It is absolutely perfect PERFECT P E R F E C T for my kids…. and has seen more than it’s share of fun and laughter every Summer for the past 8 years!
3. Thankful for my new and nearly unfounded daily dedication to the gym. 3 months later and I’m still going strong for an hour and a half every morning despite seeing limited results (on the scale, anyway). I will NOT quit! I LOVE working out and am grateful for the opportunity to do something good for me (even if it does cut into my much-needed sleep).
4. I am psyched beyond belief, and thank God for the talented and intelligent man I married. Hubby, a seasoned classical violinist (A-MAZING), will be performing at Avery Fisher Hall as part of a newly formed quintet in a memorial service dedicated to members of the NYPD who lost their lives on 9/11! This incredible opportunity even as he enters the home stretch of studying for his big promotional exam… which I have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT he’ll pass with flying colors!
5. And, finally, I’m thankful to have a job at all in these tough economic times, and even more appreciative that it’s one I actually like and is flexible enough to allow me to work AND be a stay-at-home Mom to my amazing kids! I know it’s no easy task to find a job like that these days. Thanks Frost & Sullivan for your willingness to employ folks like me!
But the absolute best part of my life…. are my three incredible and ever-loving children! How lucky am I?